Friday, November 14, 2008

Dev D - From a curious onlooker


I accept I am kind of a newbie when it came to knowing about Anurag Kashyap. I don't know what made me buy the 2-DVD pack of Black Friday. But well, I put money into it. And it blew me away. Narration that doesn't preach. Editing like it's sprinting towards a finish line in Olympics. Special effects that didn't shout "LOOK AT ME!"

Later I looked into his filmography and was mindblown! Many films that meant something to me. Including the shelved Alwyn Kalicharan. I still remember seeing a small teaser image of the movie. A fleeting glance, but a longlasting image.

Paanch, with its brilliant score. It was like the opening of a floodgate in an unknown dam. We all felt the rush, but never realised where it came from. Watching Paanch is something I want to do before I die.

No Smoking. His first film after I was a true blue fan boy. And was I excited! But a step too many that one. I liked it. I couldn't dislike is more appropriate. But not many others felt the same.

And now, Dev D (I am not mentioning Hanuman Returns, well for whatever reasons). My curiosity is peaked. The trailer runs in my iPod and I hook it up to my speakers and listen to the all-too-short strains of 'Emotional Atyaachar.'

Here is the trailer of the movie.



And here is the poster.



I want to know what you guys think about the poster and the trailer. I know there ain't many of 'you guys' out there. But whatever trickle nevertheless is water.

Picture courtesy: www.passionforcinema.com
Trailer courtesy: Utv Motion Pictures

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

DEV.D SYNOPSIS -
Dev.D is a modern-day love story. Dev, Paro and Chanda of Dev.D reflect the sensibilities, conflicts, aggression, independence, free thought, exuberance and recklessness of the youth of today. A generation that is jammed between eastern roots and western sensibilities.
Dev.D is set in the rustic and colourful Punjab and also explores the dingy, morbid, dark underbelly of Delhi. It takes us from sprawling mustard fields to a riot of neon; from Punjabi ballads to mayhem in rock.
It's been written and directed by Anurag Kashyap and produced by UTV Spotboy, starring Abhay Deol, Mahi Gill, Kalki.
To know more log on to www.devdthefilm.com