Monday, February 16, 2009

I orgasmed in a movie hall. TWICE!

Let's forego conclusions. I have done nasty things in a movie hall, but this post (or anything else) is not going to shed any light into that. Let it be dimly lit, like the movie hall itself (excuse me for that, couldn't control).

Well it's about my most anticipated movie of the year 'Dev D'. And guess what? IT ROCKS!

After No Smoking, I was rather sceptical about referring movies to my friends. The countless death threats I got after No Smoking resulted in an increased insurance premium even.

So it was rather hesitantly that I roped in my trusted brother (who, by the way, went down with jaundice after watching No Smoking. no kidding) and my untrusted girl friend to go see what Emotional Atyachar was all about.

And, well this time I was confident. Friday morning started with a loud celebratory fart for the 5 star review for Dev D in TOI (in case you are wondering, what? I read newspaper in the loo).

So finally, Anurag Kashyap's time has come. I am listening to Dev D non-stop. It's really unputdownable. And to find that Dev D scores over one of A.R.Rahman's most brilliant works recently (Delhi 6), that's saying a lot. And the movie has a lot to that credit. I want to go watch Dev D a third time just for seeing 'DEV D' title uncurl (???) on the screen with the strains of Emotional Atyachar (rock version) playing behind.

Needless to say, my girl friend is hating me for this obsession. Actually we've had about 7 fights over Dev D. I apparently have fallen in love with a movie.

And if that's not two-timing, bring on Kalki Koechlin.

No comments: